For more information:
Contact the Program Coordinator at:
Prevention Specialist Coordinator
270 Ohio River Blvd.
Baden, PA 15005
(724)-869-2222 ext. 233
The Prevention Specialist Program was developed to provide prevention services in several schools across the county. Each Prevention Specialist has an unique set of skills that may include, but are not limited to:
- Group and Individual Counseling
- Crisis Response & Management
- Attendance Monitoring and Communication
- Student Assistance Program Participation
- Student Assistance Program Coordination
- Classroom lessons
- Character Education Awards/Recognition
- Grief Counseling
- Peer Mediation
- Behavior Management
- Disciplinary Referrals
- Truancy Meetings and Hearings
There are several curricula, topics, and programs that the Prevention Specialists staff are trained to teach and coordinate. These include:
- All Stars
- Second Step
- Too Good For Drugs
- The Amazing Chateau
- Know Limits
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorders
- Red Ribbon Week
- Too Good for Violence
- Connecting with Kids
- Cyber-bullying & Cyber-citizenship
- Graduation Safety
- Prom Promise
- Student Assistance Program
- Talk Early
In Beaver County, our Prevention Specialists are utilized in the following school districts: Ambridge, Beaver Falls, Central Valley, Freedom, South Side and Western Beaver.
The Beaver County Teen Leadership Committee
The Mr. Beaver County Program designates portions of Prevention Specialists services and are organized by the Lead Prevention Specialist.
- Beaver County Teen Leadership Committee (BCTLC) is a county wide teen leadership initiative utilized to encourage the growth and development of the natural leaders among Beaver County youth. Each school district is encouraged to send a representative to sit on the committee. The committee works together to create and organize programs that will help better the community. One of the programs that BCTLC helps organize is the Mr. Beaver County program.
- The Mr. Beaver County Scholarship Program is a countywide drug and alcohol free program designed to showcase the county's remarkable male youth and to promote community spirit. Each school district is encouraged to send a representative to compete in the program and be awarded a scholarship.